The Department of Public Works provides a number of vital services to residents of the City of Locust Grove. The department's responsibilities include management of all water and sewage activities, maintenance of city facilities, and coordination of trash pick up and recycling. Residents are provided a single consolidated bill for services on a monthly basis. Payments can be made by mail, by drop off in front of the Municipal Building, or in person at the Water Department at City Hall.
The Public Works Department is headed by Jack Rose, Director of the Department along with the Utilities Manager (Casey Tapley - Water and Sewer Resources/Distribution). Additionally there are several persons in this department overseeing water and sewer services and maintenance of city streets and drainage facilities. Curbside waste collection is handled via a contract currently with Advanced Disposal.
The Public Works Facility is located at 100 Mose Brown Drive, at the intersection of Mose Brown Drive and Davis Lake Road. This location is a culmination of a 2-year construction project begun in 2009 to relocate them from the historic downtown for the construction of the Trailhead Park and Parking Facility. This new campus is larger with more space to accommodate growth and to provide modern facilities to Public Works, which has enlarged over the years to incorporate Stormwater Maintenance and GIS. The Solid Waste Collection Site is open adjacent to the campus at 104 Mose Brown Drive between Public Works and the Henry County Events/Senior Center.
Links to more information regarding Public Works related services :
Water and Sewer
- Water and Sewer Billing
- Water treatment & distribution.
- Sanitary Sewer treatment
- Street Maintenance
- Stormwater Utility Maintenance & Operations
- GIS Mapping
- Solid Waste Collection Site
- Chipping & Collection of yard waste
- Spring located on Davis Lake Road providing 350 gallons per minute.
- 2 Wells at Warren Holder Park providing 250 gallons per minute.
- Strong Rock Parkway Well placed into service in 2015.
- Back up water available from Henry County Water Authority.
- Water Tank on Price Drive with 500,000 gallon storage capacity.
- Water Tank on Highway 42 with 250,000 gallon storage capacity.
- Our newest Water Tank on LG/Griffin Rd with 750,000 gallon storage capacity.
- Consumer Confidence Report
- Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
Sewage Treatment Facilities
Indian Creek WPCP (SBR) – 1.5 million gallons per day
The city opened the much anticipated Indian Creek Water Pollution Control Plant on December 1, 2005. The new facility has retired the older treatment plants and will serve Locust Grove's citizens well into the future. The new plant has a current treatment capacity of 1.5 million gallons of wastewater daily. The plant utilizes state of the art technology that will ensure impact of stream waters will be minimal. The city will be glad to give educational tours to citizen and civic groups alike. For more information contact the plant at 770-957-5043.
Water and Sanitary Sewer Specifications and Standards
- Cover & T.O.C.
- Division 1
- Division 2
- Division 3
- Division 4
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Appendix D
- Appendix E
- Appendix F
- Appendix G
- Appendix H
- Appendix I
- Grease Management