Gov. Kemp Executive Orders 6-29-20
On Monday June 29, 2020 Governor Brian Kemp signed two executive orders extending the Public Health State of Emergency and COVID-19 precautions. These provisions are effective through July 15, 2020 unless otherwise noted.
Executive Order 06.29.20.01 and 06.29.20.02 highlights:
- Extends the Public Health State of Emergency through 11:59 PM on August 11, 2020.
- Requires social distancing.
- Bans gatherings of more than fifty people unless there is six feet between each person.
- Outlines mandatory criteria for businesses.
- Requires those living in long-term care facilities and the medically fragile to continue sheltering in place.
Please also note that Executive Order 06.29.20.02 strongly encourages all Georgia residents and visitors to wear a face covering when outside their homes (except for when eating, drinking, or exercising outdoors).
Click on the links below to read the full text of each executive order.