We can’t win the war against COVID-19 without YOU!
Given the recent surge in cases, please continue to take precautions against COVID-19. Practice proper hand-washing or use hand sanitizer. Practice safe social distancing and wear a face covering when in gatherings of people. Avoid touching the face or shaking hands. Disinfect frequently-touched surfaces such as doorknobs and handrails. Stay home if you are sick.
Help keep Locust Grove healthy and prosperous! Wearing a mask in public may significantly reduce the impact of a second wave of COVID-19!
Gov. Kemp Executive Orders 6-29-20
On Monday June 29, 2020 Governor Brian Kemp signed two executive orders extending the Public Health State of Emergency and COVID-19 precautions. These provisions are effective through July 15, 2020 unless otherwise noted.
Executive Order 06.29.20.01 and 06.29.20.02 highlights:
- Extends the Public Health State of Emergency through 11:59 PM on August 11, 2020.
- Requires social distancing.
- Bans gatherings of more than fifty people unless there is six feet between each person.
- Outlines mandatory criteria for businesses.
- Requires those living in long-term care facilities and the medically fragile to continue sheltering in place.
Please also note that Executive Order 06.29.20.02 strongly encourages all Georgia residents and visitors to wear a face covering when outside their homes (except for when eating, drinking, or exercising outdoors).
Click on the links below to read the full text of each executive order.