Resources and guidance for small businesses
Resources and guidance for small businesses in the wake of COVID-19
- Community Development Block Grant: Please be aware that Henry County has been allocated Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) funding from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development as part of our CDBG Program. The Henry County Community Development Department is in the process of developing procedures to administrator and award these funds to services providers and small businesses in our County. We will ensure the cities are made aware of the release of applications and the subsequent deadlines.
- Resource List for Small Businesses lists the many national and state resources available for small businesses struggling to cope with the effects of COVID-19. This list of resources includes Small Business Administration assistance such as the Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans/Advance, grants from Facebook,Hey Alice, and free access to resources such as Google Hangouts and UberEats delivery. This list of resources also includes information regarding unemployment and H.R. 6201 (Families First) claims.
- The Coronavirus Emergency Loan Checklist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce provides straightforward and valuable information for small businesses interested in applying for emergency assistance.
- The University of Georgia's Small Business Development Center has created a side-by-side comparison chart for SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), EIDL Advance, and Paycheck Protection Program to help small business find the program that's the right fit for them.
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide from the USDA includes resources named above as well as resources for farmers, ranchers, agriculture related businesses, non-profits, hospitals, and individuals/households.
Have questions or need further assistance? City of Locust Grove staff is ready to help. Call 770-693-2320.