We're still going strong in the Grove
We are still going strong in the Grove
Although many businesses across the nation have chosen to close their doors in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, many of our local businesses (employing 50 people or fewer) have decided to remain open and adapt to these uncharted waters of COVID-19. The majority of businesses here in Locust Grove are still open, and here to serve our community, but they need your support.
These are uncertain times for businesses large and small, but our smaller, locally owned businesses often operate within narrower profit margins. Widespread closings, decreased traffic, and quarantine could result in very serious implications such as layoffs, struggles to meet payroll, or supply disruption.
As we are taking everything day-by-day, please take a moment to consider supporting our smaller businesses that help keep our local people working and our economy going strong.
Ways you can support local businesses during COVID-19
- Spread the word, not germs! If you are limited by quarantine, you can help support our local shops, services, and restaurants by sharing posts on facebook to help spread the word that they are OPEN.
- You don’t have to leave your house or vehicle! Order a meal from a local restaurant through Doordash’s contact-free delivery, curbside pick-up, carry-out, or drive-through.
- Consider purchasing a gift card for later use. Make plans to eat out, go shopping, get your hair done, or another fun activity when the wave of COVID-19 has passed.
- Go virtual! Some of our retailers offer online shopping or experiences. Tune in to a facebook live video, class, or comment sold party!
Downtown Locust Grove is still open for business!
In efforts to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19’s spread, some of our local businesses have made adjustments to allow for more personal space or to accommodate those in quarantine. Below is a list of downtown businesses that are OPEN and adapting to these uncharted waters:
- Crumbles Bakery is working on an online menu with a call ahead or online ordering option with curbside pickup. Check back for details!
- Eagle Point Accounting and Tax is closed to the public, but OPEN for business electronically or by phone!
- Eagle’s Landing Pharmacy is OPEN and ready to serve!
- Farmer’s Insurance is OPEN.
- French Market and Tavern has adjusted their dining room to allow for more personal space. They are also offering contact-free delivery through Doordash, carry-out orders, and curbside pickup.
- Grove Depot will re-open Friday March 20 and Saturday March 21 for business!
- Hair Smithsonian is OPEN and sanitizing every 30 minutes.
- Indigo Soul Yoga is offering online classes and Facebook live videos.
- J. Walden Contemporary Salon is OPEN and keeping all stations extra sanitized.
- Lake City Transmission is OPEN for business
- Locust Grove Chiropractic is OPEN and taking new patients
- Looks Hair Salon is OPEN but asks you to leave your littles at home unless they are booked for a service. Don’t forget their fabulous clothing and accessory boutique!
- Lovin’ Oven Pizzeria offers carry-out orders and is OPEN for business. Popular Opinion is still scheduled for Tuesdays, and Masterminds Trivia is still on for Wednesdays!
- Moye’s Pharmacy’s drive through is OPEN, plus they deliver for free Monday through Friday!
- Olive in a Bottle is OPEN for business
- Paws and Claws is OPEN to take care of your fur-babies.
- Paw’s Place Automotive is OPEN and busy!
- Peach Pit Bar and Grill is also offering contact-free delivery through Doordash, carry-out orders, and curbside pickup. Music Bingo on Thursdays and Karaoke on Fridays is still on schedule!
- Rivers Insurance is closed to the public, but ready to continue daily business via email or phone
- Shabby to Chic Salon is OPEN for business and keeping the salon extra squeaky clean to keep clients safe.
- Strawn Insurance is closed to the public, but ready to continue daily business via email or phone.
- Superior Brake and Muffler is OPEN and sanitizing to keep customers safe.
- Tasty ‘N’ Tempting is OPEN! Stop by or call ahead for pick-up orders!
- Warren Holder Equipment is OPEN and ready for the ECHO one-day sale on March 28th 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM!
Destination shopping locations in Locust Grove:
- Tanger Outlets Locust Grove is still OPEN! To reduce contact and allow more time for cleaning, they’ve adjusted their business hours to 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Please call for store listings.
- Horsetown South is OPEN 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM and offering hand sanitizing stations.