The Community Department is currently headed by Director Bert Foster and consists of a Planning Technician Ludy McIntyre and a Development Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer Rex Dickie. Our offices are open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday at the Municipal Complex/City Hall at 3644 Highway 42, Locust Grove, GA 30248. NOTE: due to limited staffing levels, the office may be closed at times during the lunch period of 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM, but staff are generally available if necessary. You may reach us at the Main City Hall number (770) 957-5043 or our Main Direct number (770) 692-2321.
*ATTENTION ALL BUILDERS AND DEVELOPERS* Effective January 1, 2014, the following code editions shall be in effect for construction projects within the city limits of Locust Grove: International Building Code – 2012 Edition; International Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings -- 2012 Edition; International Plumbing Code -- 2012 Edition; International Mechanical Code -- 2012 Edition; International Fire Code -- 2012 Edition; International Energy Conservation Code -- 2009 Edition; International Fuel Gas Code -- 2012 Edition; International Property Maintenance Code -- 2006 Edition; International Swimming Pool and Spa Code – 2012 Edition; National Electrical Code – NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) -- 2011 Edition; The Code for Safety of Life from Fire in Buildings and Structures as contained in the National Fire Prevention Association Publication 101 (NFPA). All with Georgia Amendments as adopted by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
Services rendered by this Department include:
- 2010 Census
- LATEST April 5, 2012. Census releases Urbanized Area designations for US effective March 26, 2012. Urbanized area of Atlanta grew second in terms of population (Houston, TX led), but ranked first in land area added between 2000 and 2010. Map of top Urban Areas LINK. For Henry County, the Atlanta Urbanized area increased throughout the I-75 corridor and incorporates roughly half the land area of the county. Locust Grove, previously the only city in the county classified as an "urban cluster" is now fully incorporated into the Atlanta Region. See MAP for more detail. LIST from Census Bureau. For more information from the Census, follow to PAGE.
- 2011 Census Estimate for Henry County. On April 5, 2012, the Census released 2011 Population Estimates for all US Counties. Henry County posted only a 1.05% increase to 207,360 from the estimate base in July 2010. Henry County is no longer one of the 100 fastest-growing counties in the country. Throughout much of the 1990s and 2000s, the county was in the Top 10 in percentage population growth. The Great Recession and the continuing effects of foreclosures have affected jurisdictions across Atlanta, including Henry County. For more information, see the Census webpage.
- Census 2010 Data Release of basic Henry County, Cities MARCH 17, 2011
- March 24, 2011 Census Summary of United States. Just released showing overall snapshot of Census 2010. Henry County remains in the Top 10 Fastest-Growing Counties in the US.
- Geographic Center of Population of the United States, movement since 1790. IMAGE
- More information to come as Staff continue to process data. Latest from ARC and Staff on GA Cities
- May 16, 2011 Release. City Data on VACANT HOUSING, BLACK POPULATION, LATINO POPULATION, ASIAN POPULATION
- Locust Grove Census SF-1 PROFILE
- QuickFacts on Locust Grove
- Building Permits
- Building Plan Review
- Code Enforcement
- Comprehensive Planning (Jointly with Henry County)
- Development Impact Fee Administration and Reporting
- Development Plan Review
- Forecasting and Data Analysis
- Latest Department Analysis from Case-Shiller Price Index, Standard and Poors for Home Prices in Atlanta and other Markets, May 2013 data Decline and Rebound . Declines in house prices ended in early 2012. Recovery appears to be taking hold throughout the country and in the region specifically.
- GIS Mapping (Jointly with Stormwater) Basic City Map
- Historic Preservation (with HPC)
- Land Development Permitting
- Regional Planning Activities (Jointly with ARC, GRTA, Henry County)
- Latest ARC Regional Snapshot
- Rezoning Activity (Including Conditional Use and Variance applications)
- Soil and Erosion Control Inspection and Enforcement
- Transportation Planning
- Traffic Counts (Link) for various stations around the City.
- Zoning Compliance
Documents and Maps
- Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- IMR Study for Bill Gardner Interchange
- Joint Comprehensive Plan (Community Agenda)
- Locust Grove Comp Plan Map
- Existing Land Use 2010 Update Report
- Short Term Work Program/CIE 2012 - 2016 Update (Draft) To be adopted October 17, 2011 at 6:45 PM (tentative) by City Council upon final ruling of ARC/DCA.
- Zoning Map Adopted October 1, 2012. Latest revision August 5, 2013. Official Map now is the latest GIS file for respective zoning and overlays as part of amendment to Section 17.07.020 of Code of Ordinances of the City of Locust Grove.
Forms and Applications
- Annexation Application
- Commercial Building Permit (REVISED) POA Memo Clarification
- Residential Building Permit (REVISED for 2013) HOA Memo Clarification
- Agent Form for GC
- Building Fees (see Below for further information)
- Fire Alarm Application
- Fire Sprinkler Application
- Impact Fee Collateral - Transfer
- NEWLY ADDED: Health Department Restaurant Application
- Trade Permit Electrical
- Trade Permit HVAC
- Trade Permit Plumbing
- Sign Permit Application NEW: HOA/POA Clarification Revised for 2013 Latest Ordinance
- Specialized Permit NEW: HOA/POA Clarification
- Development Review Application (Revised for 2012)
- Final Plat Application
- Wireless Communications Facility Permit Application
- Zoning Application (Variance, Conditional Use/Exception) Revised for 2013*
Special Ordinances and Addenda
- For September 19, 2011 Public Hearing: C-2 Ordinance Revision
- Appendix C for Site Plan (Water and Sewer Review)
- Appendix D for Site Plan (Water and Sewer Review)
- Zoning Ordinance Copies (reference from county's former Chapter 3-7)
- C-1 and C-2 Commercial (As per reference. For C-3, see City Version in Adopted Code)
- Residential Zoning Districts (RA, R-1 and R-2 as per reference. For R-3 and RM, see City Version in Adopted Code)
- M-1 and M-2 Zoning Districts (as per reference)
- Office and Institutional (OI) District (as per reference)
- Development Impact Fee Revision (Transfer)
- Cemetery Regulations
- Building Fees (Calculation) EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2011
- Use latest ICC Building Valuation Data . Calculated at 85% of the latest ICC Valuation Data (Aug 2013) of the respective Group and Type for use in Per Sq. Ft. Cost for City Building Valuation for permit fees.
- CRSO Conservation Residential Overlay District
- Illicit Discharge Regulations
- Landscaping Ordinance
- Litter Control Regulations
- Erosion, Sedimentation, and Pollution Control Ordinance
- Parking Standards (from previous HC Chapter 3-7 by our local reference)
- SIGN ORDINANCE - New June 3, 2013. Can be found on the Index (Front) page.
- State of Georgia 2005 Smoke Free Air Act
- Stream Buffer Ordinance
- Stormwater Management Ordinance
- Tree Conservation/Replacement Ordinance
- Watershed Overlay Regulations
- 2004 Watershed Amendment
- Water and Sewer Line Inspection Fees
- Water and Sewer Tap/Impact Fee Amendment
- Zoning Fees
Copyright © 2009