The City Charter provides the Mayor and Council with powers to establish certain Boards, Commissions, and Committees to perform some of the tasks in the administration of the Code of Ordinances. The following Boards are established by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Locust Grove:
- City Tree Board. As part of Chapter 12.12, this board is charged with the administration of tree preservation, planting and species regulations within the City. Further mentioned in Chapter 15.38.
- Architectural Review Board (ARB). As part of Chapter 15.44, the Mayor and Council act as the ARB in the review of exterior elements of new multifamily, commercial, and industrial developments throughout the City.
- Historic Preservation Commission. There are five (5) members of the Historic Preservation Commission as defined in Chapter 14.03 appointed by the Mayor and City Council charged with the study and recommendation of historic districts and any historic district overlay regulations. This commission meets on the SECOND Monday of each month at 7:00 PM in City Hall. Adopted HPDO Ordinance approved May 2, 2011 by the Mayor and City Council. See the current Nomination Report of area for Historic Preservation. New Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) FORM. Design Guidelines for the HPDO Area.
- May 2011 Draft Agenda
- June 13, 2011 Draft Agenda
- July 11, 2011 Draft Agenda
- August 8, 2011 Draft Agenda - CANCELLED
- September 12, 2011 Draft Agenda
- October 10, 2011 Draft Agenda
- November 14, 2011 Draft Agenda
- March 12, 2012 Draft Agenda
- April 9, 2012 Draft Agenda
- May 14, 2012 Draft Agenda
- June 11, 2012 Draft Agenda
- July 9, 2012 Draft Agenda
- August and September Meetings were cancelled due to lack of business.
- Special Called Meeting September 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM for COA at Zebra House.
- November 12, 2012 Meeting
- December 2012 was Cancelled.
- January 14, 2013 Meeting
- February 11, 2013 Meeting
- March 11, 2013 Meeting
- April 8, 2013 Meeting
- May 1, 2013 Special Called Meeting (Wednesday at 7:30) for presentation by GA State Univeristy Historic Preservation class.
- May 13, 2013 Meeting has been cancelled due to special called meeting on May 1. 2013.
- June 10, 2013 Meeting
- Locust Grove Events Committee. As defined in Chapter 14.04 of the Code, this committee is charged with holding special events throughout the year as directed by the Mayor and City Council.
- Urban Redevelopment Agency. As defined in Chapter 14.05, this Agency of three (3) members charged with urban redevelopment powers as provided by O.C.G.A. Section 36-61-18 of urban redevelopment law. Currently inactive.
- Downtown Development Authority. Ad defined by Chapter 14.02, this Authority is charged with the revitalization of the downtown are of Locust Grove and is comprised of seven members who meet on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM in City Hall. This agency is the primary agent for Economic Restructuring in the Better Hometown / Main Street program of the City.
- Ethics Committee. This is a new committee established as part of the city's commitment to be a GMA City of Ethics and is comprised of three (3) members to hear any ethics charges as provided in the Ethics Ordinance.
In addition to the boards and commissions established by the Mayor and City Council, a private entity entitled Locust Grove Main Street, LLC is a not for profit organization established for the promotion, organization, and design functions of the overall Better Hometown / Main Street program. The Design function is shared between Locust Grove Main Street, Inc. and the DDA. For more information on the Main Street Program, see the link on the left of the page.
Volunteers Needed! The City is currently seeking volunteers for the various events hosted by the BHT, the DDA, and the City as a whole. For further information, please call (770) 957-5043.
Copyright © 2009