We are a dynamic and growing city of 5,657 people (latest 2012 Census estimate) dedicated to friendly hometown values, the preservation of our rich and diverse heritage, and the stewardship of our vast natural and cultural resources which will allow us to grow and prosper many years to come. Located within 35 miles of Downtown Atlanta to the southeast at I-75 and Bill Gardner Parkway, we offer a growing selection of retail, dining, lodging, and business opportunities. For those wanting to make yourself at home, the city boasts a wide array of housing options and unparalleled government services in the region. Our population growth of over 133% is witness to our popularity and hometown properties. Come discover and see for yourself!
Latest News and Upcoming Events:
- Bulk Pickup is this Saturday, December 14, 2013. Be sure to place items that are eligible for pickup by the curb on the evening before, as the pickup starts early in the morning. Refer to the Public Works page for ineligible items. Be sure not to stack items so that they are too heavy to lift, as they will be left by the wast hauler. Large piles may be only partly served if there is no space for the entire amount.
- Bids for Elevator Installation in the LGI Building (City Hall). The city is accepting bids for the installation of an elevator within the historic LGI Building which functions now as the city hall. BID ANNOUNCEMENT - BID FORM FINAL NOTE: This project is funded through the HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and must follow certain criteria established by HUD. BLDG DRAWINGS (large file) UPDATE: Revised Bid Announcement to reflect correct dates. Note: Bacon Davis Wage Rates for HUD projects in Locust Grove. FORM. To be used in bid form. Only one (1) bid received and was awarded to York Contracting in Barnesville, GA at a price of $180,900.
- Next City Council workshop meeting is Monday, December 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM. Posted Agenda may be found on the Administration Department Page prior to the meeting date. Location is now the new Courtroom and Council Chambers at the rear of the City Hall Building.
- FY 2013 Budget. DOCUMENT. Adopted by the Mayor and City Council on December 3, 2012 at the regular City Council meeting. 4th Quarter Revision ORDINANCE . Adopted December 2, 2013 (Revision)
- FY 2014 Budget Hearing: November 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM during Workshop. Adopted on December 2, 2013 at Regular Meeting. DOCUMENT
- Parking Lot Now OPEN. Note that the parking lot across from downtown is now OPEN after the project to install permeable pavers, streetlights, sidewalks and crosswalk. NEW ADDITIONAL PARKING HAS BEEN ADDED OFF CLEVELAND STREET AT CARTER LANE NEAR THE FRENCH MARKET AND SOUTH POINT FELLOWSHIP. Additional work remains to add fencing and some additional landscaping; however, there should be minimal impacts during that time.
- New Official Zoning Map. The City Council has held a public hearing on a proposed Official Zoning Map. A copy of the map may be found HERE. Adopted on October 1, 2012. Most recent map may be found on the Community Development page.
- New Sign Ordinance is now in effect. ORDINANCE
- ON-STREET PARKING REGULATIONS REVISED. On April 4, 2011, the regulations for on-street parking within the City was revised. ORDINANCE Please note: This does relieve anyone from the prohibition of the parking of commercial vehicles within residential subdivisions.
- E-Verify is now in effect for the City. Our E-Verify ID is 247882 effective November 4, 2009. Part of the GA Immigration Reform Act (See O.C.G.A Section 13-10-91).
- Veterans' Project: The City is working to honor its veterans on this website and in more substantive forms later this year. In the newsletter, the form for submission to the project was mentioned. Form [click link].
Copyright © 2009